Posted On Thursday, December 4th, 2014 By admin
Many people are quite aware of the wonders aloe vera does to the skin. It is known to treat some skin problems, solve hair and scalp enigmas, moisturize flaky or dry skin and soothe sunburn and wounds. It does a lot for the skin that is why aloe is another popular ingredient in many hygiene products. Find the best acne treatment today.
Aside from skin care concoction like facial washes, gels, toners, and moisturizes, and topical or oral medication to treat acne, aloe is probably the most famous herb that is known to help in getting rid acne acne. One reason for its popularity is its effectiveness even when used alone. All you have to do is grab an aloe, split it into two, and apply the gel-like liquid on the affected part of your skin.
One chronic skin disease that aloe helps in curing is acne. It is a skin condition where growth of pimples, blackheads and whiteheads is too much than normal. Acne does not only affect teenagers but also stretches to adulthood. So how can aloe vera help? Here are some uses of aloe in helping cure acne:
- A fact: Aloe is not a cactus but it has a succulent property like the plant. It stores more water as compared to other plants. This is why aloe is often used as a moisturizer. An acne-prone skin needs moisture especially if you are using skin care products that usually leave the skin dry. It keeps skin hydrated without having to endure that sticky feeling some moisturizers tend to leave.
- It has saponins – a compound that is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory. Some of examples of this compound are gibberellin, polysaccharides and mannans. It kills the bacteria that cause severe acne. By killing the bacteria, it lessens the chance of future breakouts.
- It also contains salicylic acid that is known to unclog pores. This prevents dirt build-up, blackheads and whiteheads. It is important that pores are unclogged since trapped oil is a major cause of acne.
- The anthraquinone and gibberellin present in aloe encourages new skin cell generation and boosts restoration. It allows the skin to heal quickly and stimulates growth of new cells. This effect helps especially when you experience peeling after you have used some skin care products.
- It improves production of collagen of the skin thus helps in healing acne marks and prevent future scarring. It has a lot of anti-oxidants like vitamin C, vitamin D and beta-carotene that maintains a younger-looking skin.